I love that it is made the day before and refrigerated overnight, so is perfect to make ahead of one of your ultra busy days. Feel free to play around with the ingredients!
Game Day Stuffed Sandwich
1 (1 lb) loaf of round crusty italian bread
1/2 lb. sliced deli turkey
1/2 lb. sliced ham
1/2 lb. sliced salami
1/2 lb sliced provolone cheese
4-6 lettuce leaves
1/2 tomato sliced thin
1/2 cup chopped black olives
1/2 cup chopped green olives w/ pimentos
1/2 cup chopped mushrooms (canned are fine)
1/4 cup chopped onions
1/4 cup chopped banana peppers
1/2 cup italian dressing
1) Mix together the ingredients for the olive/mushroom salad and set aside
2) Cut the top half of the bread off.
3) Scoop out the inside of the bread and leave a 1/2 inch outside wall of bread. Repeat this with the top half
4) Spoon 2/3rds of the Olive mixture into the bottom of the bread.
5) Layer turkey ham and salami on top of the olive mixture. Press down on layers as you go.
6) Layer the cheese on top of meats.
7) Layer the lettuce /tomato slices on top of cheese. Press down firmly on sandwich.
8) either on top of the tomatoes or into the hollowed out top bread (I filled the top bread), layer the remaining olive mixture. Place top on bread and press down firmly.
9) Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
10) Slice into wedges to serve.