I saw this recipe from www.kidspot.com.au and had to give it a try. I usually make my own Bread Machine Garlic Bread Pizza Dough but sometimes on a busy day I forget to get the dough started in time. So when I saw this no yeast "instant" dough recipe I had to give it a try.
We found it to be very good! It was crispy with a great taste. The original post doesn't give baking directions so I am using my own. We found it best to pre-bake the crust for 5-7 minutes and then put the toppings on and finish baking it. You will get a much crispier crust this way. It made enough for a 12 inch pizza and so double it if you want more.
2 Ingredient Pizza Dough
Makes enough for 1 12 inch pizza
1 cup plain greek yogurt (not vanilla)
1 cup self rising flour
(You can make your own by adding 1 1/4 tsp baking powder + 1/4 tsp. salt to 1 cup flour)
A little extra flour for dusting your work surface and rolling pin
Pre heat oven: 425 degrees
In a bowl combine the flour and yogurt, and mix to form a ball. If you find it too wet and sticky you can add more flour,
Jan's Tip: I actually found it a little crumbly, but as soon as I poured it all out onto my counter and started kneading it, it formed into a perfect dough ball. Soft and pliable. The more I kneaded it the better it got. Because it is not a yeast dough you do have to work the rolling pin a bit more, but it does roll out just fine and is a great last minute pizza crust. I make it quite often instead of my regular, when time is short.
- Turn out dough onto a floured surface and knead the dough for 3-4 minutes.
- Roll dough into desired size with a rolling pin.
- Place onto a pizza pan or stone and gently prick the dough with a fork in several spots to prevent it from bubbling up.
- Prebake pizza dough for 5-7 minutes
- Pull dough from oven, and put all your favorite sauce and toppings onto the dough.
- Return pizza to oven and bake an additional 10-12 minutes or until hot, melty, bubbly, and just perfect for you!