I read the ingredients on my container and was determined to make my own, since trips into the mountains only happen about twice a year for me.
After some searching as well as trial and error, here is the version that contains all the ingredients listed on the original version I purchased and tastes just as wonderful. I found the winner over at: Plain Chicken and tweaked the recipe just a little bit to get the consistency and taste as close to my original as possible, but her recipe is wonderful as is!
Amish Peanut Butter Spread
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 7 oz. jar marshmallow creme
- In small saucepan combine brown sugar, water and corn cyrup. Bring to boil, stirring frequently.
- Let boil 1 min, then remove from heat and set aside to cool completely
- In a mixing bowl (I use my stand mixer)measure in peanut butter and marshmallow creme.
- Beat on low speed just until it's well combined.
- With mixer still running on low speed, slowly add in the cooled down brown sugar mixture.
- Beat until fluffy about 2 minutes.
- Store in air tight containers in the refrigerator up to 3 months