Print the chart & directions below and tape it to your pantry door for the next time you are feeling uninspired. The possible dinner combinations are endless! It's great for using leftovers or clearing out your pantry!
Click here for printable copy
How to make a Mix & Match Skillet Meal
1) pull one item (or more) from each category on the chart.
**Don't forget the additional liquid w/the sauce!**
2) Stir together in a skillet, season to taste, bring to a boil.
**Seasoning options are endless!: Salt, Pepper, Garlic, Creole, Taco, Soy sauce...)**
3) Reduce heat to simmer, cover pan for about 30 min. till pasta/rice is tender.
4) Stir occasionally to ensure it doesn't stick
5) Optional: Stir in 1/2-1 cup shredded cheese, just before serving.
Mix & Match Skillet Meals
This is just a suggestion of items to get you started.
PASTA, RICE, GRAINS
1 cup uncooked
14-16 oz. can plus
1-1/2 cups liquid (broth , milk or water)
1 lb. cooked
2 cups, cooked or raw
Rice-a-roni (or make your own!)
Rice (white, brown, wild)
Pasta (any kind)
Quick cooking Barley
Flavored Pasta Packets (Alfredo, etc or make your own!)
Cream of Chicken
Cream of Mushroom
Cream of Potato
Asian Sauce packets
Ground Beef, turkey or pork
Chopped Beef, ham, or chicken
Hash Brown Potatoes
Frozen Mixed Vegetables
Whatever you’ve got