Jan's Tip: Any chili recipe will taste better if you make it earlier in the day and just let it slow simmer to allow the flavors to really meld together, so if you can make it an hour or two before you need it.
Printable Copy of Recipe I sent my kids in College
1 lb. ground beef (or turkey )
1/4 lb. hot sausage
1 small onion diced
1 (15 oz) can chili seasoned beans
1 (15 oz) can Chli Seasoned tomatoes
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
In Skillet or large soup pot over medium heat cook onions, ground beef , and sausage till cooked through.
Stir in beans, tomatoes, and tomato sauce.
Turn burner to simmer, and let slow cook till ready to serve, stirring occasionally.
Jan's Tip: When I am serving chili dogs for just the family, I plop the hot dogs directly into the chili as it simmers, and then let the family dig one out when its time to assemble their chili dog. They can also scoop up as much or little chili as they like, but the hot dogs are warmed just right, and already have that yummy chili taste to them.
Welcome to the #SoupWeek, hosted by Palatable Pastime. This week is all about delicious and warming soups. Be sure to check out some of the recipes below or you can follow along on FaceBook, Twitter, Google+ and Instagram using the hashtag #SoupWeek. We also have a #SoupWeek Pinterest Board where you can see all of the offerings in one easy to access spot! What a great way to stay warm in cold weather!
- Asian Diet Soup from Palatable Pastime
- Grandma's Copycat Kelly's Cheese Soup from Cooking with Carlee
- Rotisserie Chicken Bacon Corn Chowder from The Frugal Pantry
- Roasted Cauliflower Soup from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Delicata Squash Soup with Curried Chickpeas and Onions from Caroline's Cooking
- Vegetable Beef Soup from Palatable Pastime
- Maw-Maw's Chili Mac Soup from Cooking with Carlee
- Italian Wedding Soup from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cheat 'n' Eat Vietnamese Soup from Palatable Pastime
- Pulled Pork Enchilada Verde Soup from Cooking with Carlee
- Leftover Bean Salsa Chili from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Meatball Soup from Palatable Pastime
- K.C.'s Seafood Chowder from Cooking with Carlee
- Creamy Chicken Soup from The Frugal Pantry
- Kale and Squash Soup from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Mom's Clam Chowder from Palatable Pastime
- Creamy Chicken Pot Pie Soup from Cooking with Carlee
- Classic Skillet Chili from The Frugal Pantry
- No Soak Bean Soup in the Crock Pot from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Easy Wonton Soup from Caroline's Cooking
- Spinach Artichoke Soup from Can Cook, Will Travel